Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Lawmaker, Law Taker and Law Breaker

The other day I had a discussion with a couple of colleagues from the Somali Relief and Development Forum – Jacquelyn and Robert. It was a philosophical-cultural discussion between a young British graduate, a young Canadian woman and myself.

Jacquelyn was talking about the relationship between business organisations and charity organisations and how to make the law function better between them and how to create a healthy relationship between these types of organisations.

Robert looked at me and my appearance and told me that I remind him of a gangster wearing a trilby hat.  I asked him, who is this trilby wearing gangster? A Lawmaker, law breaker or law taker? The difference between the three is quite simple, in my opinion. One might take a break, but the other two break the law.  The trilby wearing gangster can abuse any law, whether at government level, humanitarian level, business level or community level.

It doesn’t matter how good our law is or the way we make it, the Trilby person will find their way inside all interpretations of the law. We need to be careful with such individuals.

Do you know Trilby?

1 comment:

  1. Trilby is a British word means a man's hat made of felt with a deep fold along its top :)

    ReplyDelete